Happy Weekend and Happy Reading. Link love is here on the blog every Saturday to keep you on top of the latest in the web world. And if you want to see the best posts of the week in more creative, artsy, nerdy things then you may want to check out the link love over on my personal blog, Diary of a Smart Chick.
In Reading and Writing
- Journaling for the Body and Soul. The benefits of journaling for your health and wellness along with some smart tips for getting started or continuing with a journal. Via @_TheChangeBlog.
- Pull Your Reader in with 3D Writing: Dialogue, Description, Despair. This is a three part series from @novelpublicity. The link goes to part one and you can find the other two parts on their blog too.
- 5 Signs You Need to Change Your Blog Host. I had to do this recently (twice!) so this one resonated. It’s an @blpro guest post by Joseph, a marketer and blogger who writes for OutstandingSETUP.
- The Ultimate Guide to Selling your Blog. @problogger “heavyweight” post that has tons of info!
- Guest Pinners. I’ve seen a few websites, like @becraftsy, starting to have guest pinners on their Pinterest accounts. What do you think of this?
- Case Study: How Nashville Wraps Incorporates Pinterest into their Marketing. Via @pinnable.
- How Social Media Put a Tiny Yarn Shop on the Map. This is a great New York Times article profiling the social media success of Laura Zander and @jimmybeanswool.
- Rejection: What It Means and How You Can Handle It. This @pickthebrain posts is about a topic that any successful person will deal with again and again!
- 30 Sentences that Can Brighten Your Day. One of those terrifically inspiring posts; find the saying that resonates most with you today! This one is via @lifehackorg
- Moo Cards. I think most of us know about Moo business cards but it’s nice to hear refreshed perspectives on them and so I liked this post by @gbreadsnowflake about getting her first set of them.
- Could Bartering Make Sense for your Small Business? I love the idea of entrepreneurs bartering. I do it myself. Some thoughts on that from @DawnMentzer.
And a little about me:
- As a blogger I’ve started using Blueprint Social. They asked a bunch of us bloggers what we like about the platform and we answered; my answer was included in their roundup of responses.
- Bilingual blog Country Maison mentioned my Hook to Heal project and included the Indiegogo widget in her sidebar. Awesome! And Wink of A Creative Being also did a post about it.