Of all of the writing / blogging articles I read in the past two weeks, these are the ones I thought you should make sure not to miss.
In Reading and Writing
Weburbanist says: “Move over, Facebook. A hybrid celebration of the written word, printed page, physical sculpture and possibilities of cutting-edge technologies, these conceptual creations breath new life into old volumes.”
- Writing Advice from Famous Authors. A pretty good post from @novelpublicity about the process of writing using advice from famous writers.
- Personal Finance Tips for Writers. Courage 2 Create interviews blogger/ writer Krissy Brady.
- 7 Tips to Stop Targeting the Wrong Readers. A Write to Done post.
In Blogging and Social Media
- Blogging – A Self-Indulgent Act? My Rose Valley had some great commentary on female crafty bloggers and what it’s all about. It’s a positive post.
- Problogger, a leading site in setting the example for how professional blogs are run, has stopped accepting guest posts. Interesting. It was something I thought would happen eventually and I’m curious to see what it means for the next stage of this blog’s evolution.
- 6 Reasons Not to be On Google +. This article from @Crafterminds is actually reasons TO be on G+, framed in the opposite way. Generally I don’t like this format of presenting information but the points about the benefits of this social network are good ones.
- Webtype’s Font Swapper Tool. The Solopreneur Life talks about this new tool for people who like playing with font types.
Productivity, Organization and Time Management
- How to Maximize Buffer App on iPad/ iPhone. A Blogging Your Passion post. I don’t have the iPad/ iPhone but I do love the convenience of Buffer!
- 6 Steps to Improving your Photography. Most of us take photos for our blogs and websites these days so tips like these from Mollie Makes are always helpful reminders.
- 5 Simple, Yet Little-Known, Ways to Improve Your Productivity. Thanks Lifehack!
- Fast Company had a great article about Boing Boing and how sometimes being “unprofessional” is the best way to be in this world of new business. Found this one thanks to @kpwerker.
- I Dream Therefore I Am. Great roundup of 25 inspiring quotes about dreaming. Via Deva Coaching. This blog also had a related post called How to Set Your Dream on Fire. Since we’re on the topic, I thought I’d also mention a post from The Change Blog this week called How to Dream Bigger in Spite of Fear.
Other Great Posts
- 6 Tips for Selling Online from Neil and Sarah of Design Your Career. Posted on Mollie Makes.
- 10 Ways to Determine Exactly What You Want to Do With Your Life. Via Pick the Brain. This site also did a good post this week of strategies for improving your public speaking.
And a little about me:
- Courtney Bauman’s book review blog said about Crochet Saved My Life: “Anyone who needs a new hobby, something to help a disorder you are suffering from, or if you already enjoy crochet, I would say you should pick this up and at least read the sections that pertain to you. Or you can just read it the whole way through.”
- I’ve gotten some great attention and coverage for my new creativity/ wellness fundraising campaign on Indiegogo. Check it out here.
Happy Weekend and Happy Reading. You may also want to check out the creativity/”smart stuff” link love roundup over at www.diaryofasmartchick.com and the crochet posts link love roundup at www.crochetconcupiscence.com today.