Here were my favorite articles of the week from around the web in the last week of November:
- 13 Writing Tips from Anne Lamott. Organized by Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project.
- Expressive Writing is Encouraged for People Going Through a Breakup. This Huffington Post article discusses scientific research into the benefits of expressive writing as catharsis.
- 100 Notable Books of 2012. Via New York Times.
- 7×7 wrote about Game of Books: “a national gamification project that seeks to promote reading among kids and young adults.”
- 50 Best Books for Teachers. A Visual.ly infographic.
- 6 Things Saved By The Bell Taught Me About Blogging. I appreciate the angle on this Problogger guest post by Chiara Mazzucco of TheIndieChicks.com.
On Social Media
- The First 7 Steps to a Successful Social Media Plan for Writers. A solid Write to Done post by Lori Lynn Smith.
- Facebook Complaints. SF Weekly writer Dan Mitchell discusses how we’re at least temporarily stuck with Facebook but the company isn’t doing what it needs to if it wants to last long term.
- How to Get Away from Your Schedule and Still Get Things Done. Time management thoughts from Productive Superdad over on Lifehack.
- 7 Important Productivity Tips My Parents Taught Me. Timo Kiander shares on Pick the Brain.
On Other Things
- How I Built an Online Business Around My Passion. Henri Junttila shares his story on The Change Blog.
- How SEO has Changed Post Penguin and Panda. A Visual-ly infographic with a lot of tips.
And About Me
- I was interviewed about writing by Sylvia Browder, founder of National Association Women on the Rise.
- I was also interviewed about the book by Crochet Queen Gwen Blakley Kinsler.
Happy December and happy reading!