Of all of the online articles I read this week, these were the writing/blogging/productivity ones I felt were the most useful and interesting:
On Writing and Reading
- Awesome Chronicle Books Giveaway. Posted over on SF Girl by Bay. Enter ASAP, ends 11/19.
- 7 Habits of Highly Prolific Writers. Smart checklist for writers via Write to Done. This one was written by Henri Junttila, a freelance writer and the founder of Wake Up Cloud.
On Blogging and Podcasting
- The Benefits of Being a Transparent Blogger. A Problogger guest post by Ashley Bennett that discusses how being a transparent blogger will make people like you more.
- Ideas for Charging Your Blog Readers. I was intrigued by the ideas in this BloggingPro guest post by Will Coghlan of Tinypass.com who suggests ways to charge a tiny fee to dedicated blog readers to increase your blogging income.
- How to Use a Log When Podcasting. Great info for podcasters from @sisterdiane of CraftyPod.
On Social Media
- Instagram Now Has Online Profiles. I learned about this new feature from Casey Plus Three.
- PinAlerts is Launching a New Feature. Pinnable Business explains: “Pin History will allow users to not just rely on the emails they receive from PinAlerts, but instead they can log in and view all the pins they have received alerts on.”
On Productivity, Time Management and Organization
- 14 Apps You Need to Work on the Road. I actually don’t use apps much myself but I think this is a nice roundup for those who do. It comes from Lifehack and was written by Fred Perrotta, co-founder of Tortuga Backpacks.
- Top 4 Ways to Jumpstart Your Creativity. Inspiration from BloggingPro guest poster Lisa.
- Shop Fundamentals: How to Create a Solid Foundation for Your Creative Business. A Handmadeology post by Lisa Jacobs of Marketing Creativity. Great inspiring video here.
Other Helpful Articles
- Small Business Links and Resources. @crochetdynamite did a roundup post explaining about and linking to some of the best tools that she’s used to grow her website and business. There are some good ones in there.
Happy weekend and happy reading!