So many smart people out there are sharing useful information on their blogs that are helpful to writers, bloggers, freelancers and solopreneurs. Here’s this week’s roundup of my favorite posts.
On Writing and Reading
- 5 Tips to Speed Up Your Writing and Improve Quality. @DannyIny guest posts on this topic at Write to Done.
- The Happiness Project’s November Book Club Picks. Gretchen Rubin recommends three books each month in her new book club – a book on happiness, a book for kids and an eccentric pick. I always like the eccentric picks; this month’s is about Warhol.
On Blogging and Social Media
- Changes in Blogging. @sisterdiane of CraftyPod talks about changes in blog subscriptions, use of social networks and emergence of visual aggregators for bloggers in this thought-provoking post.
- The Best Social Media Advice You Never Hear. Use fewer sites less often, says Alexis Grant on Lifehack. Do you agree?
- The Solopreneur’s Business Blog. This is a great guest post by Dana Sitar that covers the topic of what a solopreneur should blog about on their professional business blog. A good post this week that complements this topic is Problogger’s 12 Lessons from 4 Inspiring Local Business Blogs.
On Productivity and Organization
- Procrastination as a Good Thing. Danielle LaPorte shares a smart thought about how procrastination is sometimes the right thing.
- How to Complete (or Junk) an Unfinished Project. Sometimes productivity means letting go of a project that’s not getting done! This is a Pick the Brain guest post by Brad Waters.
- 5 WordPress Plugins for Increased Productivity. I don’t use these plugins myself but they seem like ones that may be helpful for others. Via Lifehack, by Ann Smarty.
- 5 Tips for Bidding on Freelance Jobs. This one is from my HubPages archives, which I’ve been sprucing up lately.
- Crochetvolution included my article on 5 Ways Creativity Heals Us in their Winter 2012 issue.
- By Hand Magazine featured an article of mine in their debut issue. The article is about the healing benefits of crafting and the mental health benefits of crochet specifically.
- Pinnable Business posted my guest post called 5 Reasons Why the Pinterest “No Pin” Code is Hurting Your Blog
- Stitch and Unwind hosted my guest post where I shared 5 creativity exercises for crocheters, which is the topic I’m currently researching for my next book.
- My book, Crochet Saved My Life, was reviewed by The Curious Pug and The Examiner. Awesome.
- My blog, Crochet Concupiscence was reviewed, by Evie and by Aberrant Crochet.