These posts were my favorites out of all of the blog posts I read this week in the world of writing, blogging, productivity and more. Check them out if you missed them in this week’s web.
Writing and Reading
- 7 Simple Steps to Turning Your Writing into a Thriving Online Business. Henri Junttila is a freelance writer who did this guest post for Write to Done.
- Reflections on 5 Years as Editor. Robert V. Kail, editor of Psychological Science, talks about editing and gives advice to writers for this genre.
- How to Use Headlines to Get to One Thought. A Write to Done article by Sean D’Souza with some good practical writing advice.
- How to Make Fonts with Handwriting. Elsie of A Beautiful Mess shares how she does this. The handwriting on that blog always makes it feel more personal so this is kind of cool.
- How to Place Keywords in a Blog Post Properly. SEO changes constantly so there are always new posts on this topic. To be honest, I don’t really concern myself much with SEO and keywords. I feel like if I write on topic then I’ll naturally end up incorporating good keywords. That may or may not be true, though, and I can appreciate that other people are more active with their efforts so I think posts like this one, which was a BloggingPro guest post by Karol K., can be helpful.
- 8 Ways to Maintain Your Productivity After a Long Day at the Office. I have often wondered how people do it … Pick The Brain makes some suggestions.
- Is It Even Possible to Find Work You Love? Therese of Unlost asks this question and provides some possible answers.
- Learning to Fail. I’m a big believer that failure is part of the process to success so I enjoyed this post by Problogger Darren Rowse on that topic.
- Thanks to Jen from the great blog Pursuit of Sassiness for doing a review of Crochet Saved My Life
Happy reading and happy weekend!