Each week I share links to some of my favorite articles of the week on topics related to writing, blogging, solopreneurship, social media, productivity, inspiration, etc. I hope you find these links helpful! I think it’s a great way to get the word out there about other writing that people are doing really well!
- Idioms Referring to The Colors of the Rainbow. In my book, Crochet Saved My Life, I talk briefly about color theory. It’s a topic I want to learn more about so perhaps that’s why I was drawn to this writing tips article about using color idioms in writing.
- Writing Makes Photographers More Creative. Five tips to spark writing in other creatives.
Posts About Blogging
- Blogging: Looking Back and Looking Forward. I enjoyed reading this Door Sixteen recap post about one person’s blogging journey since 1998.
- 5 Critical Elements of Successful At-Home Productivity. After 10+ years working from home, I’d say I agree with most of what’s written here. I especially agree with the importance of daily/weekly planning and would add that I also do monthly, quarterly and annual planning and reviews. The author of the article uses software for tracking tasks; I use old-fashioned pen and paper.
- Listen Up! Your Inner Truth Is Speaking. I love this article that’s all about how we often try so hard to live our lives the right way when really we just need to give ourselves permission to “be”.
- Of course, there’s also the argument that we need to work on improving ourselves. This article says “effective self-improvement requires some deliberate and careful planning.” And provides a five-step way of doing so.
- 3 Entrepreneurs Who Turned Hobbies Into Million Dollar Businesses. I always think stories of other people’s successes are inspiring!
Other Great Articles
- 12 Powerful Self-Care Tools You Can’t Live Without. Taking care of yourself is your most important job in life! I agree with all of the recommendations in this article.